Legs & Glutes Workout for the Gym
1. Bring yourself down on your knees on an exercise mat with a barbell or weighted workout bar on your upper back.
2. Lift your right knee up and place your right foot in front of you.
3. Follow with your left foot.
4. Bring your right knee back to the floor and follow with your left.
5. Repeat the same movement but leading with your left leg.
Kettlebell Sumo Squat
1. Stand up straight with a tight core, flat back, and a kettlebell clutched between two hands.
2. Position your feet wider than shoulder width and point your toes outward diagonally.
3. Bend at the knees while hinging at the hips to move them backward. Keep knees in line with the toes as you squat downward.
4. When your thighs are parallel to the ground, pause, and then slowly return to the starting position.
Lunge with Glute Kickback
1. With a barbell or weighted workout bar on your upper back, stand up straight with a tight core.
2. Step forward with your left foot.
3. Drop the back right knee towards the floor as the left knee continues to bend.
4. Drive yourself back up, kick the right leg back and upward, and squeeze the glutes. Then bring the right foot next to the left.
5. Repeat the movement leading with your right leg.
Single Leg Glute Bridge
1. Lie down on your back on an exercise mat with your knees bent.
2. Raise one leg off the floor, keeping it straight but with your thigh parallel to the other.
3. Push down through the other heel and raise your hips up, raising your glutes off of the mat.
4. Once your hips are in a straight line with your torso, pause, and then slowly return to the starting position without letting your glutes rest on the mat.
Stiff Leg Deadlift
1. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, dumbbells in each hand, toes pointed forward, and a slight bend in your knees.
2. Bend at the waist while keeping your back straight and the same slight bend in your knees, feeling the stretch in your hamstrings as you descend. Your arms should travel down in front of you as your upper body lowers.
3. Lift the dumbbells by extending your hips until you have returned to the upright position.
4. Pause and squeeze the glutes.
1. Stand up straight with a tight core and a barbell or weighted workout bar on your upper back.
2. Step backward and to the left with your right foot so that the right foot passes the left foot. As you do so, bend the left knee in a lunging movement. The right knee should bend and drop towards the ground.
3. When the left knee is parallel to the ground, pause, and push off the ground with the left foot to return to the starting position.
4. Repeat with the other side.
Weighted Jump Squats
1. Stand up straight with your feet hip width apart and a barbell or weighted workout bar on your upper back.
2. Bend your knees and move your hips backward as you lower yourself toward the ground.
3. When your thighs are parallel to the floor, drive through your heels and push yourself up from the ground explosively.
4. Land with your knees slightly bent to absorb the impact and lower yourself into the next squat.
Want More of My Workouts and Fit Tips?
I've been helping women just like you reach their body goals for over a year - from weight loss to competition goals to metabolic rehabilitation to muscle gain.
If you're ready for the rest of my workout and nutrition secrets and want to transform your body the fun way, APPLY HERE for a customized training and nutrition program. I will be there to coach you every step of the way so we can get you better, lasting results.
Not convinced? Check out some of these amazing success stories from women JUST LIKE YOU. Stop telling yourself you're too old, too far off, too busy, too tired. You are NONE of these things!
No more waiting for the perfect time. There will never be a perfect moment. The time to make a change is always RIGHT NOW! Let me show you what you can do.
Pin this Workout for Later