Legs & Plyometrics Workout
When I'm in the mood for a really intense sweat, sometimes there is no greater workout than a plyo workout! If you've never done plyometrics before, you're in for a real treat. It's a great way to get your heart rate up and keep it up for the entirety of your workout. Plyometrics are jumping movements that generally incorporate your body weight and some sort of explosive motion to break a serious sweat. I like to incorporate plyos as a burnout second exercise in a super set.
I chose to perform the below workout like so:
Superset A: Sumo Squats and Squat Jacks
Superset B: Curtsy Lunges and Jumping Lunges
Superset C: Lunge Twists and Frog Jumps
Superset D: Single Leg Deadlifts and Jump Squats
Superset E: Burpees without Pushups and Skater Jumps So every superset incorporates a plyo movement as the second exercise. The last superset has 2 plyo movements.
When performing a superset, you execute the two movements one after the other without rest. Do the first movement, then the second, then take 60 seconds max to rest before repeating the superset.
Sumo Dumbbell Squats
1. Stand up straight with a dumbbell between both hands and your feet wider than shoulder width apart. Point your toes out diagonally.
2. Bend at the knees while moving your hips back. Keep knees in line with your toes.
3. When your thighs are parallel to the ground, pause, and then slowly return to the starting position.
1. Stand with your feet wider than shoulder width apart and your toes slightly pointed outward. Clasp your hands together in front of you.
2. Bend your knees into a squat.
3. Quickly and explosively jump so that your feet come together.
4. Explosively jump back outward to the starting position.
1. Clasp your hands together in front of you and position your feet hip width apart.
2. With your right foot, step backward and and to your left so that the right foot crosses the left. Bend the knee as you do so.
3. When the front thigh is parallel to the ground, push off with your right foot and return to the starting position.
1. Stand up straight with your hands clasped together in front of you and a staggered stance with your back knee slightly bent.
2. Jump into the air explosively and switch your leg stance midair.
3. Land in the lunge position and repeat.
1. Stand up straight with a dumbbell between both hands and your feet together.
2. Step forward with one leg and bend your knees into a lunge.
3. When your front thigh is parallel to the floor, rotate the torso toward the front leg's side.
4. Step back to the starting position.
1. Stand up straight with your feet greater than shoulder width apart.
2. Squat by bending your knees and moving your hips backward.
3. With your chest up, bring your hands to the floor, and explosively push off the ground.
4. Land into your next squat.
Single Leg Deadlift
1. Stand up straight with dumbbells in each hand and your feet together.
2. Shift all your bodyweight to your left foot and hinge at your hips to lift the right leg off the ground.
3. Keep bending forward until your upper body is parallel with the ground.
4. Then slowly return your back leg to the starting position.
1. Stand with your feet hip width apart with your hands clasped together in front of you.
2. Bend your knees and move your hips backward to descend into a squat.
3. When your thighs are parallel to the ground, drive through your heels to explode upward into a jump.
4. Land with your knees bent and repeat the movement.
Burpees without Pushup
1. Stand up straight with your feet shoulder width apart and your hands at your sides.
2. Squat down, placing your hands in front of your feet on the floor.
3. Put your weight in your hands and jump your feet outward so that you land with your legs fully extended in plank position behind you.
4. Jump to bring your feet back right behind your hands.
5. Explode upward into a jump and return to the starting position.
1. Bend forward slightly and perform a jump to the right, bringing your left leg back and to the right as you do so. It should pass the right foot.
2. Tap the ground.
3. Repeat to the other side. Thats one rep.
Want More of My Workouts and Fit Tips?
I've been helping women just like you reach their body goals for over a year - from weight loss to competition goals to metabolic rehabilitation to muscle gain.
If you're ready for the rest of my workout and nutrition secrets and want to transform your body the fun way, APPLY HERE for a customized training and nutrition program. I will be there to coach you every step of the way so we can get you better, lasting results.
Not convinced? Check out some of these amazing success stories from women JUST LIKE YOU. Stop telling yourself you're too old, too far off, too busy, too tired. You are NONE of these things!
No more waiting for the perfect time. There will never be a perfect moment. The time to make a change is always RIGHT NOW! Let me show you what you can do.
Pin this Workout for Later