Pyramid Bodyweight Ab Workout
Buckle up! This intense ab workout uses just your bodyweight to build a strong, tight core, ladies! No equipment needed. Most women are focused on building an hour glass figure with a small waist.
In order to build this shape, it's best to stick to high rep bodyweight movements or light weighted movements. You also want to steer clear of overworking the obliques, which can make your waist thicker and "blockier" so to speak.
How to Perform this Workout
This is meant to be performed pyramid style. This means you will perform lower reps, then higher reps, then back down to lower reps.
In this case, the pyramid is meant to be:
Perform each exercise in this fashion.
The Benefits of Training Pyramid Style
Implementing pyramid training has significant benefits.
This training style allows you to pack a lot of volume into your workout. Heavy volume is what creates progress in your muscle building and fat burning. To put it simply, the more you're working a muscle, the more it's going to grow and develop to adapt to new and more intense stimulus.
If you have a lagging muscle or a muscle you're hoping to focus on, pyramid style training is great for increasing training volume and really working the muscle hard.
Built in Warm Up Sets
Training in this way allows for a built in warm up.
You start each exercise at a lower intensity. In this case, you start at lower reps to allow the muscles to adjust to the movement and ensure proper form.
Once your body is fully prepped for the movement, you increase the reps, which prevents injury and helps stimulate the correct muscles through good form.
Lying Leg Raises
1. With your back on a mat and hands under your glutes on either side for support, stretch your legs out straight in front of you. Keep feet together and slightly off the floor.
2. Raise your legs, with knees straight, up until your hips are completely flexed.
3. Slowly lower your legs back to the starting position.
1. Lie flat on your back with your hands behind your head and your knees bent.
2. Curl your torso upward so your shoulders and head are slightly up off the floor.
3. Move your legs in a pedaling motion as if you were riding a bike. Bring an elbow to the opposite knee and then switch sides.
1. Assume the plank position with your hands shoulder width apart and legs fully extended behind you.
2. Flex one knee and hip bringing your knee up and under your hip. Keep the other leg fully extended.
3. Use an explosive movement to switch legs.
1. Stand up straight. Bend over from the hips and the floor with your palms.
2. Keep your legs straight and walk your hands out as far as you can while keeping your core tight.
3. Take small steps back toward your hands.
Want to reach your fitness goals faster and easier? With the right game plan and extra accountability?
I've been helping women just like you build muscle, lose fat, and improve their metabolism with an easy to follow flexible diet and FUN training routine.
If you're ready to say HECK YES to changing your health, your body, and your life, APPLY HERE for 1 on 1 coaching. I will be there to coach you every step of the way so we can get you better, lasting results.
Not convinced? Check out some of these amazing success stories from women JUST LIKE YOU. If you're sitting there telling yourself you're too old, too far off, too busy, or too tired, STOP RIGHT NOW.
You can do this no matter where you're at in life. Don't hold yourself back from the quality of life you CAN and WILL have if you take the leap.
No more waiting for the perfect time. There will never be a perfect moment. The time to make a change is always RIGHT NOW! Let me show you what you can do.
To Your Good Health & Success,